Home

Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Birthday to Meee.....

Indeed.  Today was my birthday!  Is my birthday!  Will be my birthday for a few more hours!  Just kidding!  I started this post yesterday, on my birthday, but didn't finish it until today.  Honestly, I wasn't expecting much of my birthday.  I've already gotten a LOT of presents, like my Kindle and my schoolbag in Germany, so I wasn't expecting many presents today.  But I definitely have enjoyed my day!


When I came downstairs this morning, I saw how much work my grandparents had put in.  They decorated the breakfast table, the presents table, put a banner on the big window...  And there were rose petals everywhere.  It was so pretty!  I really appreciate everything my grandparents do for me every day, and my birthday showcased even more of their kindness.






After a breakfast of chocolate croissants, I opened my presents.  And they were quite awesome presents.

A gorgeous new fountain pen

It has my name inscribed in it!!!

That, my friends, is an enormous sausage

Awesome thingie to learn akkusative and dativ (Don't know what they're called in English)

Chocolate!  And cookies!  And cake!

Goreous wallet-sized bag that my grandparents got in Turkey

Cool, unordinary necklace with a cool magnetic clasp

Pretty necklace from my parents!

Okay, so this isn't a present.  This is the cake form from my great-great-grandma.  It's a tradition that this is always the form used for birthday cakes :)



After that, Lisa came by to wish me happy birthday.  She brought by a present and told me it wasn't my real present, which will come at my birthday party next weekend.  It was the awesome chocolate camera that we saw when we went shopping a few weeks ago!






We sat and talked for about half and hour, which was nice.  Then Lisa left to go to a tennis tournament and I left to go to a Chinese restaurant with my grandparents.  The restaurant was awesome.  My grandpa had called ahead and told them it was my birthday.  When we sat down, a waiter put a wonder candle in front of me.  It was like nothing I have seen before in my life.  It looked like a closed plastic flower at first:





Then, the waiter lit the center with a match.  Suddenly, a huge sparkler thing shot out of the middle, the petals burst open with lighted candles on each petal, and the whole thing spun and played "Happy Birthday."  It was pretty much the coolest thing ever.








We ate some really good food, stuffed ourselves, then ate dessert.  We then walked around the town a little bit, looked at the cemetery and a really old church, and then headed home.

The afternoon was spent talking on the phone with lots and lots of people.  Or maybe only a few, just for a really long time.  (I'm looking at you, Molly!) ;)

I had an awesome birthday.  Cheers to a great fourteen years so far and hopefully equally (or more) great years ahead!

German word of the day: Geburtstag.  Pronounced guh-BOHRTS-tahg.  It means 'birthday.'

The Sunflower Project:



1 comment:

  1. Yaaayyy!!!! Happy birthday (for like the fifth time)! It sounds like you have an awesome day and I love your sausage that you got and the thing at the restaurant sounds really cool too. Happy Birthday to a smart, awesome, caring, and HILARIOUS friend.
    *<:D

    ReplyDelete